Spring at J. Mendel is about ethereal silhouettes and soft textures, so the makeup reflects this inspiration through clean, matte skin, light pink cheeks and lips, and an elongated smoky eye that is pretty, yet powerful.
Celebrity makeup artist Bobbi Brown created this look with the following:
- Eyes: Bone Eye Shadow on lower lid, Mink Eye Shadow in crease, Extreme Party Mascara
- Cheeks: Soft Pink Flush Blush
- Lips: Nude Pink Lip Color
Lead hairstylist Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil created voluminous, chaotic curls on the J. Mendel models. “It’s all about volume–tons of volume–and a round, fluid shape. This look is very feminine,” says Gilbert, adding, “It’s not feminine-frilly; rather, it’s femininity with a modern twist.”
To create this look, Odile followed these steps:
- Take 1 to 2-inch sections and mist on new Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray (on counters in December) to protect against heat and enhance the coil of each curl
- For thick hair, apply Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream, then curl each section from roots to end using a 1/2 inch curling iron. Gently release the barrel and allow each curl to fall as a spiral.
- After all sections are curled, run Intense Curl Cream through the curls as you separate with fingers. (Tip: when used as a finishing product, Intense Curl Cream eliminates frizz and adds shine.)
- Flip head upside-down, fluff the curls, and spray with Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray.
- Flip hair back, arrange curls to ensure the perfect amount of airy texture, and finish with another mist of hair spray.