Our next submission in the Summer Makeup Bag Contest is Vanessa, who happens to be on a six-weel-long vacation to San Francisco (one of my favorite cities) visiting friends.
Here is what Vanessa brought along with her on her trip to SF:
- Cover Girl Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture: I use this tinted moisturizer daily. It has sheer coverage and feels super light, which is what I like during the summer.
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15: This is what I use for special occasions (i.e. going out at night). It has medium-full coverage but still feels light. It makes me look polished.
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35: This concealer has amazing coverage and it covers up anything (dark circles, blemishes). I have other concealers but if I am traveling I always take this one with me because it is multipurpose. It is also nice that it has SPF.
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre: The original container is huge so I just scoop some into a MAC sample jar for traveling. It’s a matte, beige colored eyeshadow base. I highly recommend it. Your eyeshadow won’t budge if you prep with this!
- MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder: My favorite powder so far. My skin is on the dry side and this one doesn’t look chalky.
- WetnWild Bronzzer in Medium/Dark: This bronzer is matte and foolproof. I dust lightly all over for a slight tan.
- MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden: This is a similar shade to the WetnWild but has little gold flecks. I alternate between the two.
- MAC Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl: This is a highlighter I use on cheeks, bridge of the nose and decollete at night.
- Stila Convertible Color in Peony: I have a mini-sized one, which is perfect for traveling. It’s a dual cream blush/lip color.
- MAC eyeshadows in Gleam and Mulch: This is a beautiful combo that looks nice when paired with bronzer, very summer appropriate.
- Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Cream eyeshadow: The color I have is “What a Blush”. It’s a light shimmery pink… I smear all over my lids when I am in a rush (fitting for the name!).
- Stila Liquid liner in Black: I use this in my upper lash line for drama. Super easy to use for a liquid liner.
- Cover Girl Perfect Blend eyeliner in Basic Black: This liner has a smudge tip end so creating a smoky effect is quite easy. The formula itself is very creamy.
- Physician’s Formula Brow-Tweez brow pencil in Dark Brown: It has a mini tweezer on one end, brow pencil in the other and a brush in the cap. The quality is acceptable and I like the convenience of it.
- L’oreal Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black: Gorgeous mascara… the blackest one I’ve seen so far.
- Tweezerman Eyelash Curler: This is a fantastic eyelash curler… and it comes with multiple refills!
- The Body Shop Lip Care SPF15 with Vitamin E: Not my favorite but I cannot apply lipstick or gloss without using balm first!
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Raspberry Bite: Deep magenta lipstick. A definite attention grabber… I use this with a naked face, some eyeliner and mascara.
- MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar: My favorite lipgloss color for the summer. Its a peachy-nude gloss that looks beautiful on anyone. “
I have to admit that I have the same print Sonia Kashuk makeup bag, but mine is larger! Thanks for sharing, Vanessa.
See our other Summer Makeup Bag Contest entries:
Want to enter this contest? It’s not too late! Send photos and a description of your makeup bag to: email@example.com. Winner will be announced on August 31st.