I love this Summer Makeup Bag Contest submission by Jessica mostly because her makeup collection is eerily similar to my own, but also because Jessica has made purchases based on our recommendations! Check out her lovely collection:
The makeup I’ve selected to photograph and discuss isn’t even 1/10th
of my collection. I’m a bit of a makeup glutton! However, I’ve chosen some of my
favorite products as of late, and as you can see, there are many! Let the fun begin!
I have a billion different makeup bags, but my newest is this Harajuku Lovers “I
Love Ice Cream” Organizer. To quote Gwen Stefani, I have a “fatal attraction to
cuteness” even though I’m almost 25 years old, and this bag certainly fits the bill
and is roomy to boot (it has two large zippered compartments on either side)
1. Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion – Pore Perfecting
This stuff is such a godsend for my overly oily skin. Keeps the greasies at bay,
extends the length & performance of foundation, & makes skin look like velvet.
2. Paula’s Choice Healthy Finish Pressed Powder SPF 15 in Buff Beige &
Prescriptives Multi-Finish Compact Foundation in R/O Vanilla
Love both of these for their near perfect color matches on my fair skin & buildable
coverage/ability to be used wet or dry.
3. Philosophy The Supernatural Airbrushed Color Correctors in Light
4. L’Oreal Infallible 16 hr. Concealer in Fair/Light
Doesn’t truly last 16 hrs. on my oily skin, but it’s my favorite under eye concealer
because I don’t have problems with it creasing or smearing the mascara from my
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer in CIA
Again, doesn’t last as long as I would like (darn my oily skin!), but it’s great for
quick touch ups around eyes, nose, blemishes.
6. Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer
Probably not strong enough to actually cover a tattoo, but great for post-acne
7. Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
The best. I have like, six pack of them all over my bathroom and in my purses,
book bags, car, etc.
1. One Hot Minute by Benefit
Bought on recommendation from Bailey’s Teen Corner post that mentioned this
2. Benefit “10”
Love the sheerness & scent of this, even though I don’t use it as directed (I swirl
the colors together because I don’t do the whole facial contouring thing!)
3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Global Glow
I use this on special occasions or for when I go out at night and can get away with
using something that’s a bit darker/more sparkly than I’d wear for day time.
1.Benefit Posie Tint
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color of this. The perfect baby/bubblegum pink. Great
staying power, too.
2. Pop Beauty Pop Up Glow in Melon
Sometimes use this on top of powder blush for an extra “pop” of color & shimmer.
Plus, it really does smell like melon.
3. L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Baby Blossom
Great for a low-maintenance, pretty glow.
4. LORAC Cheek Stamp in Pink Paradise
Great matte blush
5. Bobbi Brown Blush in French Pink
Another great matte blush, deeper than the LORAC.
6. MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Sweetness
I love the name of this blush (my Twitter addy is @sweetnessxlight) and it’s sheer
with just a hint of shimmer.
1. Prescriptives Lash Envy Mascara in Black
My latest favorite. When it comes to lashes, I prefer volume over length any day!
2. Minis of Fresh Supernova and Firebird Mascaras
Perfect for touch-ups or to add on top of the PX Lash Envy.
1. Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in Flashy Pink
This is a shimmery nude shade that resembles Stila’s Kitten eye shadow. I use it
along my lower waterline to make eyes look bigger.
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils in Zero and Stash
I have a bunch of these in the neutral shades (not much of a crazy eyeshadow
color girl) and I love they way they apply, especially on the inner rims.
1. Shu Uemura Painting Liner in M Brown
Another product purchased due to the review on Makeup Bag! I LOVE this product
so much. It LASTS & LASTS, even on my oily eyelids (which I remedy with UDPP, but
I didn’t include it in the products I pictured!)
1. Lancome Artliner in Smoke
Love the color, another winner in the “long-lasting” category.
2. Revlon ColorStay Â Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black
Again, long lasting Â – and easy to apply quickly!
1. Pixi Eye Beauty Kit No. 10 Neutralizing Coverup Kit
If my dark circles are really bad, sometimes I’ll use the peach shade included in
this kit to tone them down a bit.
1. Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude Eye Palette
Like I said before, I’m not a crazy colorful eyeshadow type of girl. In fact, I rarely
wear eyeshadow on a daily basis (I’m more of an eyeliner girl, if you couldn’t tell!)
but this palette is perfect for a polished, neutral eye. (The ladies of Mad Men are
my beauty muses, hence all the liquid eyeliner)
2. Bobbi Brown Sandwash Eye Palette
This is so pretty, I could just look at it for days. Very sheer and subtle.
3. Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten
My absolute favorite. The best for highlighting and dabbing on the inner corners of
the eye. Nice to lightly apply all over lid, as well.
4. Stila Eyeshadow in Wheat
Another good one for an all-over wash of subtle, glowy color.
1. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
I have three of these floating around because I love them so much. Curling my
eyelashes makes such a big difference to me.
2. Sephora Double Ended Eye Brush
One side is fine pointed for precise application of eyeliner, the other end is
chubbier to make eyeliner or shadow either “winged” or “smokey.”
Let me just preface this section by saying that I’m obsessed with all lipsticks that
are milky/bubblegum/baby pink. I’ve been looking for the perfect Proenza Pink
dupe forever, even though I still have a bit left in a tube I managed to score from
Makeup Alley. So – most of my lipsticks are somewhere in that range.
1. YSL Rouge Pur in 22 ( I think the shade is called “Pink Celebration”)
2. YSL Rouge Pur in 49 ( Maybe called “Tropical Pink?”)
3. YSL Rouge Volupte in 8
4. YSL Rouge Volupte in 7
If you’ve never tried this lipstick, you really should. It’s super creamy and soft. It’s
also, unfortunately, very pricey.
5. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in PK 343
6. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in PK 344
7. Shu Uemura Gloss Unlimited in 325N (I kinda hate the way this smells, but I’m
willing to put up with it because it’s so pretty)
For neutral lips, I really love the two following products…
8. TheBalm Plump Your Pucker Tinted Gloss in Cocoa My Coconut
This smells so yummy, like chocolate coconut.
9. Urban Decay Lipstick in Naked
Also smells yummy, kinda like vanilla caramel. A pretty “my lips, but better” color.
(back to the pink stuff!)
10. Smashbox O-Plump Gloss
I don’t buy into the whole gimmick that it turns *my* perfect color (as per their
claims), but I love plumping glosses (Lip Venom is my favorite) & this gloss does
turn a pretty color.
11. Sephora Nano Lip Liner in Candid Candy
I usually don’t bother with lip liner, but with all the pinks I have, sometimes it’s
necessary. This is a good one & I love the color.
See our other Summer Makeup Bag Contest entries:
Want to enter this contest? It’s not too late! Send photos and a description of your makeup bag to: email@example.com. Winner will be announced on August 31st.