Today we’re featuring reader Allyssa’s makeup bag. Keep in mind, this is her summer stash– ha! I think Allyssa is my kind of girl:
This photo has such a small portion of my actual collection, but these are things you can find me using nearly every day, so they sit prominently on my desk and come with me when I travel. Other make up, such as different shades of foundation, more eyeliner, even more eyeshadows, are located in a giant train case under my case.
So let’s start with the bag! I have a Garden Party Betsey Johnson bag that I like to keep on my desk with all my dailies (the items pictured here!). It’s great for traveling and so much easier than pulling out the train case when I’m in a rush and only have time for foundation and liner. Plus it’s cute and it’s Betsey!
Towards the left we have face prep:
- Clinique SPF 40 Super CityBlock: a lightly tinted SPF that I put under my foundation. It’s also perfect for those beach days because it protects but it’s not greasey and the sand won’t stick to my face all day.
- Bobbi Brown Oil Free Compact Foundation in 0 – Porcelain: Yes, I’m one of those people who hits zero on the foundations and sometimes it’s still not the right shade! But I uses it almost every day. It covers up all my odd redness and gives great medium coverage for any pesty spots.
- Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in 0 – Porcelain: great for under eyes, spots or days when I don’t feel like having total foundation coverage. It’s a nice creamy formula but not oily. Also, just figured this out: put it on the eyelids and it’s a FANTASTIC eyeshadow primer. Shadow sticks to it like whoa! Until I can scrounge up the money for a proper eyelid primer, of course. Hehe.
- Bobbi Brown Blemish Stick in 0 – Porcelain: Total coverage for zits. A must have for me.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in 0 Light – Light Ivory: This is actually a little yellow and darker than the same line’s Number 1. Their number 1 is the porcelain…odd, huh? So I have this guy in here for that off chance that my face tans and I need a slightly darker foundation, but in the winter I switch back to the number 1. It gives great coverage but it’s easy to go overboard with it. Silky smooth, another great for me.
Next is liners:
- Wet n Wild Mega Liner in black: Believe it or not, this cheapie drug store liquid liner is amazing. Super black formula, very smooth and stays on literally all day. It’s so amazing. I love using it to create a little cat eye corner, which is my daily look – a subtle cat eye for a nice shape.
- Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in 10L (copper): This stuff is super smooth and I use it frequently on my lower lash line. I’m in love and can’t wait to haul more of these liners.
- Ulta Kohl Black pencil: This is my favorite black pencil to use on my water line. It’s definitely the one that lasts longest of the many, many I’ve tried.
- Clarins Eye Shimmer Pencil in Turquoise flash 04: I have a love hate relationship with this guy. Fantastic color but it’s hard to apply smoothly on the upper eyelid. But with patience, it happens. I just can’t pass this color up. I’m a sucker for teals and turquoises!
- L’Oreal HIP Cream Eyeliner in Teal: I recommend this stuff to everyone! Fantastif staying power, super true teal color. It’s my favorite for bold, night out looks.
- Bobbie Brown Gel Eyeliner in Gunmetal Shimmer Ink: Hello smoothness! This guy is so easy to apply and lasts all day (technically, more, for those nights when I will admit to not taking my eye makeup off!) I can’t wait to get more of these. They are easily my favorite Bobbi product (and I have a LOT of Bobbi).
On to the next coloumn we start with eyeshadows you’ll find me using constantly. I use at least one of these every single day. They are all great for blending, highlighting, etc:
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Nude Palette: Gorgeous. Great one it’s own or with other colors. The liner on the end is a great soft liner.
- Lancome Quad in 4 Sunset: I just found this guy in my stash and wow. The golds and coppers that make up this palette are so rich and pigmented. I can create a hot look using just this palette alone and a litle liner. It’s a gorgeous summer look.
- Estee Lauder in Honey Drop: I love this color. It goes with almost everything.I can use it on it’s own or to blend with. I love the subtle pink tone to this summery shadow.
- Clinique shadow in Daybreak: Holy cow I am addicted and in love! I use this guy legit the most out of any other product seen here. A great brow bone highliter, or use it inthe corner of the eyes or swept under the lower lashes to brighten. I also use this on my blending brush to add sheen and a smooth look to nearly all my eyeshadow looks.
- Double sided eye sponges for some precise application
- Pencil sharpener
- Cute little gel eyeliner brush from Clinique. Helps with super smooth application of all my gel and cream liners.
- Bobbi Brown double sided brush
- E.L.F Shadow Brush: my hands down favorite shadow brush. Picks up color and applies it perfectly pigmented. You haven’t heard of ELF or tried their brushes? Are you nuts?! Go now!
- E.L.F Blending Brush: blends all colors without ruining the pigmentation and brightness of the colors.
- Benefit BAD gal blue: Blue mascara! Not too obvious but a great pop of color. Nice big brush for fluffy lashes.
- Victoria Secret in Violight: I actually adore this guy! Very subtle purple tint brings out the green in my hazel eyes. It never, ever ever clumps! Natural lashes with great separation and thickness.
- Clarins 02 (Wonder Mint): TEAL mascara! Not for the faint of heart but I use it often! There is nothing subtle about this teal. It is bad-a** and hot. It gets a lot of compliments. Love it!
- L’Oreal Double Extend: one of those tube mascaras. I love it. My lashes get super long and when applied correctly, are never clumpy and gross. I feel like I have falsies on with this stuff!
- Clinique High Impact in Black Honey: a nice red brown color. One of my absolute favorites. Makes my lashes dramatic but never clumpy.
- Another tube of the same, but in full size.
- Clinique High Impact in Black (can you tell I love Clinique mascaras?!)
- Clinique Lash Double Mascara in black: Saved the best for last! THIS is my go-to, can’t live without, mascara. Fluttery, long black lashes that never clump, stay lifted and never flake. I highly recommend this little guy. I can’t deal without it!
- Bobbi Brown Cream shadow in Heather: I use this guy as a base and it really holds up. Very creamy.
- E.L.F mineral shadow in Earthy: A must have. A metallic golden green. Super sparkly. When applied wet it looks like foil. It’s gorgeous!
- MAC Fashion Groupie: I love purple as well as teal, so I got this guy just recently. It’s been used a lot since I got it, landing it a place in my daily use makeup bag!
Lips: I don’t do lipstick or sticky gloss, so my collection lacks in this department, but I can frequently be seen using these guys:
- Burt’s Bees Super Shiny in zesty red: a subtle fruity flavor, sheer color, and it acts as a lip balm!
- Sephora gloss in Bronzed Beauty: a subtle flavor and a great non sticky gloss. I use this guy for nights out. It’s fairly sheer which is great for me.
- Burt’s Bees Clove Medicated Lip Balm: mmm clove oil! I use this about 20 thousand times a day. Love Burt’s Bees!
Phew! Now can you imagine if I did my whole makeup collection and not just my summer dailies? We’d be here all night!
Thank you for sharing, Allyssa!
See our other Summer Makeup Bag Contest entries:
- Lauren’s Makeup
- Mandi’s Makeup
- Cindy’s Makeup
- Deirdre’s Makeup
- Bridget’s Makeup
- Vanessa’s Makeup
- Alina’s Makeup
- Jessica’s Makeup
- Donna’s Makeup
- Bailey’s Makeup
- Laurie’s Makeup
- Julie’s Makeup
Want to enter this contest? It’s not too late! Send photos and a description of your makeup bag to: email@example.com. Winner will be announced on August 31st.