All morning I’ve been searching for details on Fergie’s fabulous hairstyle from last night’s Vanity Fair and Krug Dinner at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.
Just when I had almost given up, all the deets showed up in my inbox. There is a God and he’s smiling down on Makeup Bag today!
Rodney Cutler, celebrity stylist and owner of Cutler/Redken salons created Fergie’s glamorous 40’s inspired look.
Here, he shares his simple steps on achieving Fergie’s ‘do:
- Start off by spraying hair with Cutler Protectant Treatment Spray to protect hair from heat damage. Then, spray with Cutler Volumizing Spray to add a little volume and rough dry.
- Next, wrap pieces of hair around a 1/2 inch curling iron, created spirals. Spray each section with Redken 09 Workforce Hairspray before curling.
- Create a side part and over-direct hair so that hair sits flatter at the front. Brush out with a Mason Pearson brush to create an airy modern texture.
- Pull hair back to one side, twisting slightly, and secure knot with bobby pins.
- Finish with Redken Workforce 09 Hairspray for a long-lasting touchable hold.
Redken Workforce 09 is $15 and is available in salons.Â For more information, visit Redken.com.
photo of fergie and paris hilton: wire image