It’s a glorious day at Makeup Bag HQ when I get to check out the latest glossimers from CHANEL.
Seriously, the headache I had from my bulging inbox nearly disappeared when I caught a glimpse of these saucy little glosses.
Peter Philips, Global Creative Makeup Director for CHANEL, created eight new shades directly inspired by a shower of meteorites as well as two iridescent nail polishes. On the lips, color oscillates between opalescent reflections and shimmering effects.
“I love the shine of LÃ¨vres Scintillantes, because you can apply it without looking, pinch your lips and get a subtle result,” explains Peter Philips. “But if you want a more dramatic and delicious effect, you can overdose it without hesitating, as the formula doesn’t run.”
- Nebula a Parma pink sparkling with blue, white and violet pearlizers
- Venus a vivid pink with gold and pink mica
- Silex a coral busrting with coppery and rosy reflectors
- MÃ©tÃ©ore a rosy copper
- Cosmos a red-brown sprinkled with gold
- Mica a tender, sweet and opalescent pink
- Mirage a starry dark violet
- Jupiter a red boosted with matching pearlizers
- Cosmic Violine a plum to match the lips
- Mica Rose a tender pink
CHANEL Spring 2009 Celestial Lights is available beginning May 2009 at department and specialty stores and online at CHANEL.com.