Just look at this adorable girl.
This is Marion Cotillard (and because you are more informed than us, you already knew this) at the Cesar Film Awards 2008 yesterday in Paris, France.
Sadly, until moments ago, we had no idea who Marion Cotillard was (and if her charming outfit didn’t catch our eye, we would have no idea still). She is nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Actress category for her work in La Vie en Rose.
As usual, the Oscars are upon us and we haven’t seen ONE. SINGLE. FILM. Pathetic, no? It’s not that we don’t want to see them, we just haven’t made the time. (Do you know how much laundry we do?)
So, thanks to Marion and her sassy little dress, we at least got ourself up to speed on the nominees:
- Cate Blanchett (Elizabeth: The Golden Age)
- Julie Christie (Away from Her)
- Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose)
- Laura Linney (The savages)
- Ellen Page (Juno)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Cate Blanchett (I’m Not There)
- Ruby Dee (American Gangster)
- Saoirse Ronan (Atonement)
- Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone)
- Tilda Swinton (Michael Clayton)
- George Clooney (Michael Clayton)
- Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will be Blood)
- Johnny Depp (Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street)
- Tommy Lee Jones (In the Valley of Elah)
- Viggo Mortensen (Eastern Promises)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Casey Affleck (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford)
- Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman (Charlie Wilson’s War)
- Hal Holbrook (Into the Wild)
- Tom Wilkinson (Michael Clayton)
This is where we should announce our picks, but alas, we have none. What we do have is a sneaky suspicion we’ll be seeing a lot of red lips tomorrow night. We can’t wait!
*photo: wire image