2007 has been a dream year for Makeup Bag.
We’ve seen incredible growth in our visitor traffic, developed amazing friendships with some of our fellow beauty bloggers, attended industry events as an insider (including SF and NY Fashion Weeks) and partnered with TotalBeauty—a revolutionary website that every woman should take advantage of. In addition, 2007 has brought me immeasurable personal growth.
Makeup Bag’s success wouldn’t be possible without your continued loyalty and support and for this we thank you. Thank you thank you thank you, dear readers.
Before we list our Favorite Things of 2007, I must tell you that we’ve had some bad news here at Makeup Bag. My very young (57), very strong, very handsome father has fallen ill. I am here in Hawaii by his side, showering him with love and hope, praying that he’ll get well soon. While I hope to maintain daily updates, please understand if this isn’t always possible.
Compiling a list of favorite products is so very difficult for me. You should have seen me packing for this trip to Hawaii—I couldn’t decide what to bring so I brought ALL OF IT. The thought of being away from my arsenal of beauty products for several weeks is frightening—what if I get a rash, or break out, or the humidity melts my face off?—I need to be prepared.
The products in this list are my utmost favorite, can’t-live-without products of 2007. Some of them are repeats from last year (because they’re that good), some are new launches, and some have been around but are just making the list this year. Enjoy!
1. Chanel Sublimage Essential Regenerating Cream I can’t get over how entirely amazing this product is. Perfection in a jar is what it is.
2. Prescriptives Custom Blend Foundation Blended to precisely match your complexion. I don’t leave home without it.
3. Space NK Energising Shower Gel I never imagined a shower gel could bring me so much happiness. Even my husband is hooked.
4. MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel A longtime Makeup Bag favorite, this daily face peel keeps my skin radiant.
5. Lancome PS Kiss The prettiest, most flattering cool-toned red lipstick. One swipe gives my face instant glam.
6. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Mineral makeup in a compact with light coverage, doesn’t clog pores and makes my skin appear flawless.
7. Kiehl’s #1 Lip Balm in Pear Flavor This is just so good.
8. Amplify Volumizing System by MATRIX My fine, thin hair looks thick and lush with these incredible products.
9. Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam Thick & creamy, this cleanser leaves no residue, yet my skin is squeaky clean and soft.
10. Estee Lauder Platinum Illuminator A subtle, pretty shimmer that makes skin glow without being shiny or sparkly.
Be sure to check out the Favorite Things 2007 lists from our fellow beauty bloggers:
And please stop over at Blogdorf Goodman to wish our dear friend Annie, a New Year Baby, a very happy happy birthday yesterday.
Wishing all of you a healthy and prosperous 2008!