Oh my gosh—it seems like every time I write an entry for Makeup Bag these days, I’m apologizing for not writing an entry for Makeup Bag.
But I do have excuses. I really do. There’s school, and Homecoming, and studying for my driver’s permit (I’m so excited)! And a girl must have a social life, you know?
Over the last few weeks, a few readers have requested a detailed account of my beauty routine. This has been kind of hard to nail down because each day for me is different, but here’s an overview:
My mom is a freak about skincare. She is always getting after my sister and me to wash off our makeup, moisturize, wear sunscreen, blah, blah, blah… To keep her quiet, we’ve learned to comply with her demands. Here’s my evening skincare routine:
- MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover This stuff is great for taking off waterproof mascara and the loads of black eyeliner that I’ve been known to wear occasionally (Ha!)
- Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System I’m lucky to have mostly clear skin, but when hormones and a few too many Chalupas catch up to me, this three-step system by Clinique is the best.
- Boots Quick Thinking 4 in 1 Wipes These things are like bread and butter at our house. We’re never without them! They make washing your face while watching The Hills a simple task.
My morning routine is kind of a craps shoot. If I oversleep, it’s a rush of crazy madness getting myself together (and keeping my sister out of my bathroom! She borrows my Hai every morning now that her Sedu Revolution died an untimely death). However, if I wake up on time and have time to be artistic with my eyeshadow, I’m a happy girl.
Here’s a recap of my mornings:
- Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 This is the perfect moisturizer for everyday. It’s light, fragrance-free and protects from the sun—I use it every day. (And starting next month, this will have new packaging–check it out!)
- Physicians Formula Bronzers I can’t go wrong with these bronzers. There’s so many to choose from and they are SO affordable. A quick sweep over my face evens my skin tone and brightens instantly.
- BLACKNESS! I love my black eyeliner and tons of waterproof mascara. I can’t afford to use expensive brands because I blast through these items, so I usually get what’s on sale at the drugstore. (Or free samples from my mom! A perk of being the daughter of a beauty editor.)
- MAC Eyeshadow Pooled together, there’s a ridiculous amount of MAC Eye Shadow in this house. Because of this, the artistic possibilities are endless. Yesterday I had the most incredible yellow and green eye shadow on—I must have gotten 50 compliments at school. The best thing about MAC Eye Shadows is their blendability (the computer is telling me that is not a word, but, whatever). Starting tomorrow, I am going to post a picture here of my eyeshadow creations with a step-by-step guide to the products I used.
- MAC Lipglass We tend to fight over lipgloss here. My favorites are Out for Fun (the color I’m wearing in this picture) and Underage. I haven’t wore lipstick since I used up my tube of Proenza Pink.
There it is! Check back tomorrow for my Face of the Week.