Our first trip to the beach this season happened yesterday, where we enjoyed a gorgeous summer day along the shores of Lake Tahoe (in the shade!) and spent hours catching up on our magazine reading.
While we love a lazy day at the beach as much as the next girl, getting our beach bag ready is always a chore. Gone are the days of heading off to the beach with nothing but a towel and a girlfriend or two. (Gone are also the days of perfectly flat abs–but no sense getting nostalgic here.)
Nowadays, beaching-it takes a little planning and a lot of packing.
Aside from the essential beach umbrella, wide-brimmed hat and iPod, here’s what else you can find in our beach bag:
1. Boots Quick Thinking 4 in 1 Wipes: Great for wiping around our irritated eyes when sand, salt and sunscreen start taking their toll. (Even greater for the car ride home when 45 minutes seems like an eternity with beach grime in our pores.) These Quick Thinking wipes cleanse, tone, remove makeup and moisturize all in one swipe. Brilliant!
2. Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 55: Complete UVA/UVB protection with Helioplex. Along with a big hat, this sunscreen leaves the skin on our face wondering if it’s even at the beach.
3. Laura Mercier Lip Kisses SPF 15 : Sun protection for our lips with a sheer, high-gloss finish. We like it in Nude Beach.
4. Shiseido Refreshing Sun Protection Spray: This light, waterproof formula makes protecting our hair simple and easy. The bottle even sprays upside down making it easy to reach the back of our head without having to play Twister.
5. Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15: This colorless lip balm feels silky smooth on our lips. Bonus: we also use it on our cuticles!
6. Dior Diorshow Waterproof Mascara: Thick, lush lashes in a waterproof formula. Just because we’re at the beach, doesn’t mean we can’t look fab.
7. Neutrogena Cool Mist SPF 30: Again, Helioplex gives us ultra protection while the cool mist spray bottle keeps us feeling fresh and cool in the hot summer sun.
Now that our bag is packed, beach-going will be a breeze. We can’t wait until next weekend.