Could it possibly be that 2006 is coming to an end?
With 2007 only days away, we thought we’d join our fellow beauty bloggers and reflect on some of our favorite beauty products of this year.
This task was much more daunting than we imagined, as there’s so many products that we just can’t live without. Over the last several days we’ve been making notes to ourself trying to decide what products would make the cut, but today we realized that we had filled four and a half pages in our notebook with must-have beauty products and we still weren’t through.
Realizing it would be ridiculous for us to list them all (everything we love is already right here! Just for you! Because we’re generous like that!) we decided to limit our list to just ten.
(We should note here that not all these products were released in 2006, but they are all products that we just discovered this year.)
The Makeup Bag’s Top Ten Beauty Products of 2006
1. Scott Barnes Illumineye in Urban Legend. We just got this eyeshadow and it’s already on our top ten list. We can’t rave enough about this long-lasting eyeshadow in the Best. Shade. Ever. You should go get one for yourself.
2. MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel. No amount of exfoliating can even come close to what this product does for our skin. Our skin is brighter, smoother and younger looking.
3. Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. This is a wonder product. We use it daily to cover blemishes, freckles and other imperfections and it never ceases to amaze us. We’ve had this for almost two months and the container still looks brand new.
4. Estée Lauder Brilliant Shimmer All-Over Powder. We love us some shimmer powder. We’ve tried quite a few of these this year (like this one, this one, this one and this one. Oh, and this one) but this is our pick for 2006. (Not that we love our other shimmer powders any less, we just love this one a little more.) (Just saying.)
5. Creative Nail Design in Fedora. Our favorite trend this year by far is goth nails. We love the look of black nails, but after raising a few eyebrows at the office, we settled on Fedora, which is a deep, dark brown and not quite as edgy as Black Satin or Nocturnelle. And Creative Nail Design makes a great long-lasting polish that manages to stay fresh longer than our other favorite brands.
6. Sisley Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream. Never before have we splurged on an eye cream like this, but we have not been disappointed. This was worth every penny and we’d certainly eat black beans on toast for a month if it meant continuing this regimen. (Although we’re not sure our food-snob husband would be too thrilled about that.)
7. Clinique Violet Berry Lipcolor. This is the perfect color for our pale skin and dark hair. And Clinique’s Lipcolor formula is second to none.
8. Stila Petal Infusions Eye Makeup Dissolver. Because we’re all about the easy. And anything that smells like lavender is a plus.
9. Lancôme Magique Blush in Pink Parfait. Two years ago we would never have imagined a mousse-blush and today we don’t know what we’d do without it. So soft and silky and totally natural-looking. Love this.
10. Bobbi Brown Concealer to Go. This is teeny-tiny and perfect for our purse when we’re on the go. Concealer is not something that we touch up often, but when we’re looking a little tired, this quickly brightens our face. And it’s so cute!
And there you have it, friends. Our favorite things from the year we started this website (can you believe it’s been four months already?!)
We hope you’ll take a moment to check out the other Best of 2006 lists from our favorite beauty bloggers: